- Yesterday’s grades for defensemen and goalies can be found here
- Four lessons the Hurricanes learned from the 2013 season (Bleacher Report)
- The Oklahoma City Barons beat the Charlotte Checkers, 8-1 last night and forced a decisive Game Five, which will be tonight at 7 ET (Checkers Website)
- Ottawa’s Eric Gryba became the second player suspended in this year’s playoffs after his hit on Montreal’s Lars Eller (NHL.com)
Yesterday’s Playoff Games
- Sidney Crosby‘s return to the Pittsburgh Penguin’s lineup resulted in two goals for the superstar, but the Penguins still lost to the New York Islanders, 4-3. The Islanders were trailing by 3-1 at one point, but came back and won the game off of Kyle Okposo‘s first career playoff goal. The series is now tied at one.
- The Montreal Canadiens extracted some revenge from Eric Gryba’s hit on Lars Eller with a 3-1 win over the Ottawa Senators to tie the series at one-a-piece. Brendan Gallagher‘s second goal of the playoffs came as the game-winner.
- The Chicago Blackhawks took a 2-0 series lead over the Minnesota Wild by a 5-2 score. Michael Frolik and Patrick Sharp scored twice for the Blackhawks.
- Raffi Torres‘ overtime goal led the San Jose Sharks to a 3-2 win over the Vancouver Canucks and a 2-0 lead in the series.
- #3 Washington Capitals vs #6 New York Rangers, 12:30 ET, NBC, Capitals lead series 1-0
- #4 Boston Bruins vs #5 Toronto Maple Leafs, 7 ET, CNBC, Bruins lead series 1-0
- #2 Anaheim Ducks at #7 Detroit Red Wings, 7:30 ET, NBC Sports Network, Series tied 1-1
- #4 St. Louis Blues at #5 Los Angeles Kings, 10 ET, NBC Sports Network, Blues lead series 2-0