- Cardiac Cane graded the forwards yesterday, the story can be found here. Grades for the defensemen and goalies will be posted later today
- Eric Staal was named captain of the Candian team at the World Championships (TSN)
- Hurricanes plan on changing players, not staff this offseason (Raleigh News & Observer)
- Preview for the Charlotte Checker’s Game 4 against the Oklahoma City Baron (Checker’s Website)
Yesterday’s Playoff Games
- The Washington Capitals took a 1-0 lead over the New York Rangers with a 3-1 lead. Marcus Johansson scored the game-winner in the second period and Capital’s goaltender Braden Holtby made 36 saves for the win.
- Craig Anderson rode his strong regular-season play into his first postseason game with a 50 save outing to help the Ottawa Senators beat the Montreal Canadiens, 4-2, and take a 1-0 series lead. Marc Methot scored the game-winner with his first career playoff goal.
- The Los Angeles Kings are in a spot they are not used to being down 2-0 to the St. Louis Blues after losing 2-1 last night. Barret Jackman scored his first career playoff goal with 50 seconds left in the game to win it.
- The Anaheim Ducks came back from a 4-1 deficit to send the game to overtime, but Gustav Nyquist scored the game winner for the Detroit Red Wings to tie the series at one.
- #1 Pittsburgh Penguins vs #8 New York Islanders, 7 ET, NBC Sports Network, Penguins lead series 1-0
- #2 Montreal Canadiens vs #7 Ottawa Senators, 7 ET, CNBC, Senators lead series 1-0
- #1 Chicago Blackhawks vs #8 Minnesota Wild, 9:30 ET, NBC Sports Network, Blackhawks lead series 1-0
- #3 Vancouver Canucks vs #6 San Jose Sharks, 10 ET, CNBC, Sharks lead series 1-0