Tonight the Checkers were unable to make history as their point-streak ended at 7-games, tying the franchise’s record and the AHL’s. Tonight the Checkers took on the Texas Stars and lost 3-1. Dan Ellis got the nod in net and was able to turn away 28 of the 31 shots he faced. Unfortunately, the effort wouldn’t be enough as Toby Peterson, Alex Chiasson and Cody Eakin all found a way to slip the puck past him.
It would be Zac Dalpe who got on the board first for the Checkers just over the six minute mark in the first period. The Checkers lead would last well into the first period, the Stars weren’t able to score until the 14:52 mark when Toby Peterson found a way to light the lamp behind Ellis and tie the game heading into the locker room for the first intermission.
To begin the second period the Stars struck fast as they managed to get on the board just under the five minute mark when Alex Chiasson got a tip in front of the net. The Stars kept gaining momentum through the middle frame and were able to hold the Checkers to the lone goal they scored in the first period, adding a third and final insurance goal at 8:27 of the third.
The Checkers end a three-in-three stint tomorrow when they take on the San Antonio Rampage.
- Goaltending: Dan Ellis saved 28 of 31 shots he faced in his second appearance in 6 games. Cristopher Nilstorp was able to stop 30 of the 31 shots he faced and give the Stars a 3-0 advantage in the series against the Checkers.
- Shots on Goal: Charlotte 6-12-13 (31) Texas 13-12-6(31)
- Power Play Opportunities: Charlotte 0/4 Texas 1/4
- Three Stars of the Game:
- Alex Chiasson – 1 goal, 1 assist (Texas)
- Cristopher Nilstrop – Game-winning goalie (Texas)
- Taylor Vause – 1 assist (Texas)
For some different insight on tonight’s game, feel free to checkout Blackout Dallas for the Texas Stars’ review.