Oh glory day, it is Chad LaRose’s birthday! Thirty years ago, a jovial winger was brought into the world, or more specifically, Michigan. Rosey is a fan favorite amongst Caniacs for many reasons. His humor, commitment, and ridiculous goal celebrations are just a few examples.
An undrafted LaRose was invited to the Detroit Red Wings’ training camp in 2001 and 2002, however, it was the Carolina Hurricanes that signed the aggressive forward on August 6, 2003. Prior to going pro, #59 played two seasons with Sioux Falls Stampede (USHL) and three seasons with the Plymouth Whalers (OHL). He led in scoring with 117 points over 67 games in his last year with the Whalers. He also set the record for most goals in a regular season with 61 tallies.
LaRose joined the Florida Everblades (ECHL) and the Lowell Lock Monsters (AHL) during the 2003-04 season. He would play in 66 contests for Lowell the following year and earn 42 points.
The 2005-06 season would be a memorable one for Rosey. He played in 21 of 25 playoffs games for the Hurricanes and raised the Stanley Cup just a few short months after joining the NHL. I should mention he had the helper on Justin Williams’ shorthanded goal in Game 1 against Edmonton.
Mr. Chad’s career has continued to thrive. He posted career highs in games played (81), goals (19), and points (31) during the 2008-09 season. On July 2, 2009, the Canes signed LaRose to a two-year contract and would do the same on June 29, 2011.
Rosey’s has been clutch for Carolina many times this year. His current record includes 2 power play, 1 shorthanded, and 5 game winning goals. In total, Chad has performed in 61 games and registered 18 goals and 13 helpers. He definitely deserves some killer gifts, so I welcomed Rosey fans on Twitter to help me with the make-believe presents…
- I’ll start with a simple, gag gift: A step stool by his stick rank…maybe a little red one with 59 painted on the top.
- @Esbee92 would like to give him 20 goals this season.
- For all the times he hits the post or puts himself in the net, @SparkleShorty grants the puck goes in from now on!
- I’m putting him on the cover of his favorite magazine, Men’s Fitness. Ok, that one was more for the ladies.
- I’m sending Vince Vaughn and the boys from Red Hot Chili Peppers to spend a day with Rosey at the Pinehurst Resort for swings and shenanigans. Can you imagine Flea, Vince Vaugh, and Rosey together for the day?! Can we get that mic’d up?!
- @CanicaSteve has graciously offered to pay for their golf.
- Chad will be getting a year supply of APC hats and Kenny Chesney tickets from @APCPT
- I usually give birthday boys a rescue dog, but since Rosey already has a furry family, I would grace his pups with long, healthy lives. Also, @CaniacCaz will dogsit whenever needed.
- A big, fat, million dollar check to his favorite charity, The Queen of All Saints.
- Finally, I wish (with all my fanhood) an injury free, celebration heavy career. Cheers to you Rosey! Thanks for all you do in Carolina!