In Cambridge, Ontario on March 10, 1984 a baby Brenter was born (You may let out a “Woo!” here). Caniacs have come to know Tim Brent as an entertaining Tweeter, and ever-smiling, key player on Carolina ice.
The 6’0” center played in the OHL for four seasons with Toronto’s St. Michael’s Majors before being drafted by the Anaheim Ducks in 2004 (again). He won silver for Canada with fellow Hurricane, Anthony Stewart, in the 2004 World Junior Championship.
After splitting three seasons between the Cincinnati Mighty Ducks and Portland Pirates, Brent was traded to the Pittsburgh Penguins for Stephen Dixon. About a year later, he was traded to the Chicago Blackhawks for Danny Richmond. Brent signed a one-year contract with Toronto the following year. During the 2010-11 season, #37 played in 79 contests and claimed 8 goals and 12 assists. Finally, to the pleasure of Caniacs, Brent inked a 2-year contract with Carolina on July 1, 2011.
This season, Tim has laced up for 64 games and boasts 9 goals, 10 helpers including 2 power play, 1 short handed, and 2 game-winning goals. Clutch.
Mr. Brent, it is my pleasure to dream up some epic (er, and bogus) birthday presents for you. Your hard work and gracious demeanor with fans is sincerely appreciated.
- At the conclusion of this season, I will send Tim to Alaska for a fisherman’s dream vacation. To warm his bones a bit, he will then fly to Florida for a wondrous deep sea fishing experience. When he comes back to land, he will enjoy some R&R with his friends and family, including some excellent golf trips. Catch and release, ok Mr. Brent?!
- I will also wave my magic Cardiac Cane wand to provide a day playing guitar with the boys of Tragically Hip. He will also enjoy a VIP experience to one of their concerts.
- With a Bewitched-type wiggle of his nose, he will have hot, delicious meals appear from Raleigh’s well-known restaurant, The Pit.
- He will never have to experience another overtime loss. Ok, perhaps that is a selfish gift.
- A million dollar donation to his charity of choice.
- As always, a career filled with health, happiness, and success.
Happy Birthday Tim Brent!