Mr. Drayson Bowman was born on this day in 1989 in Grand Rapids, Michigan. However, the skilled forward grew up in Littleton, Colorado. The Carolina Hurricanes drafted Bowman in 2007 and signed him to a 3-year entry level contract on July 30, 2008. The 6’1” 190 pound winger competed in 265 WHL games and tallied 130 goals (6th in Spokane Chiefs franchise) and 112 assists. He also played in 39 playoff contests with Spokane to claim 21 goals and 19 helpers. During his third season in the WHL, he led his team with an impressive 82 points (42g, 40a) in 66 games played. At a young sixteen years old, Drayson was named Spokane’s Rookie of the Year. Bowman also won the Memorial Cup in 2008.
Last season, #27 earned 30 points with the Charlotte Checkers over 51 regular season games. He also performed in 15 playoff games and snagged 2 goals and 6 assists. Currently, Bowman has contributed 11 goals and 11 assists with a plus/minus rating +2 and 39 penalty minutes in 35 games with the Checkers. He also has 2 goals and 5 helpers in 25 games as #21 with the Carolina Hurricanes this season.
I know Drayson “Baby Face” Bowman has many adoring young fans, so I will try to honor him with some stellar bogus Cardiac Cane gifts…
- First and foremost, the ability to grow an epic Movember moustache and playoff beard.
- With a snap of his fingers he can summon the best cheese pizzas ever made.
- A rescue shih tzu puppy and full time dog nanny.
- No more clothes given to him as presents at Christmas.
- A million dollars to his favorite charity.
- Finally, a long, prosperous hockey career complete with endless “I love Drayson” signs at every game.