Happy Birthday to Andreas Nodl who turns 25 years young today! He was born February 28, 1987 in Vienna, Austria. The Canes’ right winger was recently claimed on waivers on November 29th from the Flyers. Nodl was originally drafted by Philadelphia in the 2006 NHL Entry Draft (2nd round, 39th overall).
The 6’1 forward played two seasons with the Sioux Falls Stampede (USHL) during the 2004-05 and 2005-06 seasons. During the 2005-06 season, Nodl posted 29 goals and 30 assists in 58 games played. He continued to thrive for St. Cloud State University in the 2006-07 season, earning 46 points (18g, 28a) over a span of 40 contests. Talk about consistent, the following year Nodl played in another 40 games and claimed 18 goals and 26 helpers (that’s 44 points for the mathematically challenged). As a result of his success, he was named NCAA 2007 Rookie of the Year.
The talented Andreas enjoyed his first NHL goal with the Flyers on December 23, 2008. He represented Austria in the 2009 IIHF’s World Championship. Also, his Philly teammates honored him with the Pelle Lindbergh Memorial Trophy in 2011 for most improved player.
#14 has played in 48 showdowns for the Canes and has 3 goals and 4 assists with a plus/minus rating -1. Honestly, I don’t know much about this player and that made the gift giving process extremely difficult. Mr. Nodl, I apologize for the lack of personal touch in the below bogus gifts.
- May every tongue know how to correctly pronounce his name to his liking.
- A season ending vacation to his favorite destination with a slew of his favorite former teammates.
- A biography on the Hurricanes’ website like all the other players. Ok, that’s a selfish one. Those things really help out when formulating mock presents.
- The latest and greatest technology…I’m talking tablets and other crazy entertaining devices that aren’t even on the market yet to help pass the time on road trips.
- A million dollars to his favorite charity.
- A day to hang out with the actors from his favorite movie.
Of course, I save the best for last…May he experience a healthy, successful career with an organization he adores. Happy Birthday Nodl!
We will having icing again tomorrow with birthday guys Bobby Sanguinetti and Cam Ward!