Všechno nejlepší k narozeninám MJ! (I really hope I didn’t just call him a bastard or something equally horrible.)
Anyway, Happy Birthday to Michal Jordan! This talented defenseman was born July 17, 1990 in Zlin, Czech Republic. That’s right, the big 2-1! His legal in every way now (that was for the ladies).
The Hurricanes brought another gifted Jordan athlete to Carolina in the 2008 NHL Entry Draft in the 4th round (105th overall). Canes signed him to a three-year, entry-level contract on 4/16/10. The 6’1” 186-pound enforcer had a very decorative career prior to his work in Charlotte.
He served as captain for the Czechs at the 2010 World Junior Championship. #47 was named Best Defenseman after winning the gold medal at the 2008 Under-18 World Junior Championship. During his time with the OHL he claimed 31 goals and 71 helpers in 160 career games with Windsor and Plymouth. Plymouth named MJ Defenseman of the Year for 2008-09 season as he lead all Whalers D-men, not to mention Michal tied for 13th among OHL defensemen in scoring.
No doubt MJ is a brilliant, young hockey player. Checkers and Canes fans alike are excited to watch his career develop. Now for the fun part…the fictitious gifts. I wish I had the powers to make these presents actually happen, but it’s the thought that counts.
- First and foremost, I grant MJ a spacious (not a “snake hole”) room in his shared apartment with goalie Mike Murphy. I’m talking walk in closet, 4-post bed, and a wall of glass panels that magically opened to a view of the pool. Of course, I would make sure there were plenty of tanned, tight ladies sunbathing below.
- It appears the big guy likes to cook, but everyone deserves a night off. I would have the Chima’s and Carrabba’s chef have a meal ready for him (Murph too, of course) twice a week.
- A two week vacation to Hawaii with whoever he wanted to bring along.
- I would grant his wish of being able to read people’s minds…except mine. That would be embarrassing.
- A day with Dave Matthews, including VIP seats to one of his amazing concerts.
- Finally, how about putting him on the cover of the NHL 13 video game and bestow him the inability to lose.
Happy Birthday MJ! May you have a blessed and safe 2011-12 season! The Raleigh Road Trippers will be there to cheer you on!
One last note: Checker’s fan, Lisa, has a personal message for MJ…Večeře při svíčkách z vepřové panenky s knedlíky a zelím.
Casey Borer’s birthday is later this week, and boy do I have some interesting gifts planned for this guy. Stay tuned!
*Information via AHL & NHL.com