Hockey news has been flowing like Justin Faulk’s wings this past week. There has been a slew of puck talk making the hockey world go’round since last Wednesday. First, and most prominent, would be the Stanley Cup battle. The games have truly been that…a battle reminiscent of gladiator days. Let’s start with the biting…
- Overview from Too Many Men on the Site.
- Followed up by some good’ol Lapierre taunting.
- Stanley Cup ratings struggle from last year. Here is a humorous view on NHL’s final showdown from the Rat Trick, including some great links to other playoff articles.
- Random, but one of my favorite tweets from the week from the Green Men, “Good morning Boston! Today’s forecast calls for a mix of sun, cloud and green spandex. Let’s do this!”
- An interesting tweet from Eric Cooney, “Of goaltenders that played 7 or more playoff games, Thomas and Luongo are 2nd and 3rd in sav. % respectively. Roli 5th, Niemi is 13th.”
- A view from Causeway Crowd on Boston moving forward.
- Penguins writer weighs in on the Stanley Cup games.
- Sincere tweet from Max Pacioretty, “My thoughts and prayers are with Nathan Horton and his family right now.. hoping for the best for him.”
- Henrik Sedin talks Aaron Rome in the post-practice media scrum.
Calder Cup news…
- The 2011 Calder Cup belongs to the Binghamton Senators!
- Heartfelt season summary from a Houston Aeros writer.
Some random news from around the ice…
- NHL Rumor Wire from June 6th and June 7th
- It was Mike Modano’s birthday on June 7th. Happy Birthday Mr. Modano!
In Charlotte Checkers news…