Caniacs, allow me to reintroduce the talented defenseman, Jamie McBain.
- Height: 6’2”
- Weight: 200 pds
- Shoots: Right
- DOB: Feb. 25, 1988 in Edina, MN
- Drafted: 2006 NHL Entry Drafter by Carolina Hurricanes in 2nd round (63rd overall)
Prior to earning 7 goals and 23 assists in 76 games with the Canes in 2010-11, McBain had a successful career at the University of Wisconsin and Albany River Rats. The d-man was named Player of the Year in 2009 for leading Wisconsin with 37 points.
- His 30 points with the Canes last season tied him for fourth among rookie defensemen.
- Jamie had a point in his first four games with the Canes to collect 1 goal and 4 assists.
- Harris Teeter named a sandwich, The McBainwich, after the Canes rookie.
- On March 3rd, against the dreaded Buffalo Sabres, McBain scored the game-winning goal just 0.9 seconds into overtime for the big win.
In honor of his former teammates success in Charlotte, it only seems right to mention Jamie’s 6 points in the 2010 playoffs for Albany. He scored his first professional playoff goal on April 14th against Wilkes-Barre. Two days later he crushed the game-winner in game two. He wrapped up game four with the Penguins with two additional goals. Send some of your WBS killer vibes to Charlotte tonight Jamie!
Jamie McBain is clearly a beneficial addition to the Canes family. We look forward to watching him develop his skill further with our beloved Raleigh team in 2011-12. Until then, please enjoy some McBeauty video…
McBain’s Exit Interview:
Against Maple Leafs…
First NHL goal, OT win…
2-on-1, Jamie’s big finish…
*Statistics and information from NHL.com*