FanSided editor, Mary O’Malley, understands how it feels to watch your team end their season in early April. Her beloved team, the Columbus Blue Jackets, ended their year 34-35-13 with 81 points. Yep, finishing 13th in the Western Conference has got to sting. Although, I don’t know what is worse…never really having a chance at the playoffs, or getting so close that it comes down to the final dang game of the season. Sigh.
The Hurricanes faced the Jackets once in the 2010-11 regular season and lost 2-3. Tuomu Ruutu and J. Skinny earned the pair for the Canes while Derek MacKenzie stole a pair of his own against Cam Ward. Samuel Pahlsson made the other goal.
As a Cleveland native, I do root for this team…despite the boys wearing blue in Columbus. Really, it seems sacrificial. Perhaps, the Canes and Jackets should switch sweaters. Red would be far more appropriate in Buckeyeland, and blue would blend in perfectly with the Tar Heel/Dukie state. Just a thought.
So, we share in your pain Fire That Cannon. Here’s to a virtual raise of the glass and cheers to a bright 2011-12 season!
Five Questions with Fire That Cannon…
1. Sum up the your 2010-11 season in one word. Blue
2. What was your favorite moment from this season? The exhibition games to kick off the season. Very exciting and really cool.
3. Who is your favorite player and why? Marc Methot. He’s a power-house and really smart. He’s an underestimated and under-rated player.
4. Going into 2011-12, what do you feel will be your team’s strengths/weaknesses? The strengths will be the amazing talent we have and just all around great players. Weaknesses? Seems to be cohesion. Always…
5. What player changes have happened/do you forecast for the upcoming year? Well, we lost the last Original Jacket to the Coyotes. However, we have to look at things as moving forward and better. I wouldn’t be surprised if there are major shake-ups over the summer…I just don’t want to think about that.
Hold in there Mary! Fall is a short five months away. Five months…ah hell, pass the drink sister!