Happy St. Patty’s Day McCaniacs!
As Eric O’Staal and the Hurricanes recover from last night’s loss against the Maple Leafs, let’s celebrate the Irish holiday hockey style…
Why it’s great to be a Carolina Hurricane on St. Patrick’s Day…
- We’re allowed to be green with envy of the teams ahead us in the play-off race.
- The RBC Center is where St. Patrick’s Day traditions of beer and brawl occur all year long.
- Female fans can pinch Canes player’s butts for not wearing green and get away with it.
- Like St. Patrick drove the snakes from Ireland, we will watch the Canes blow the Islanders out of Raleigh tomorrow.
- Jeff Skinner actually ‘fits’ in with the rest of the players. (**See below disclaimer**)
- You can carry sticks and curse down Fayetteville Street and no one will think anything of it.
- Red is the new green.
- We can hope the luck of the Irish will improve the MacPower Play.
- Jamie McBain fans can consider him captain for the day.
- You can drink enough green beer to forget yesterday’s game without it being considered unhealthy self-medication.
**Disclaimer: I, the official cougar stalking J.Skinny, did not create nor approve the above leprechaun joke.**