#16 Brandon Sutter was Mike Maniscalco’s guest on 99.9 FM The Fan’s Backyard Bistro today. The entertaining interview provided fans an inside look at Cane life. Here are some fun highlights:
- Roommate Justin Peters participated in St. Baldrick’s on Saturday, however, Sutter kept his locks as his “ears are too big for that.”
- When asked why he thinks the RBC Center is the loudest house in the NHL, the alternate captain jokingly credited the cocktails at the Backyard Bistro and tailgating. All kidding aside, he did give a shout out to the “passionate fans.”
- Conversation switched to teammate Jeff Skinner, “He’s a fun kid to be around.” He was also proud to report the rookie isn’t all smiles and giggles, apparently the newbie is learning to “snap back.” Mentioning he can even get “pretty grumpy” when he’s in the zone or angry.
- Sutter may be developing a new nickname for Rosey…we wait on baited breath.
- Brandon watches the TV Series Entourage to kill time on the plane. Maniscalco wanted to know who in the locker room would fill the fictional characters roles. Sutter said LaRose could be Turtle or Drama, but Turtle was his first answer. Jay Harrison could play Drama. Of course, Staal would portray Vince. Do I sense a YouTube video in the works?
- The dual citizen of Canada and United States confessed he would leave Tim “Big Husky” Gleason to play on the USA team.